Website Sonic Boom Wellness
Sonic Boom Wellness (www.SonicBoomWellness.com) is one of the leading digital wellbeing platforms in the U.S. In January of 2021, Sonic Boom was acquired by Premise Health, the largest direct healthcare provider to employers, serving more than 2,200 customers and more than 11 million members.
To continue our rapid pace of innovation, we need a team-oriented developer who wishes to be part of an A+ company in the corporate-wellness space. We’re a software company, and have become a major player in the healthcare industry these past 14 years. If you want to work for a company that’s improving people’s lives, Sonic Boom is it. The average tenure of our Dev Team is 7+ years, so we have a committed, dedicated, always-improving team.
You will report directly to our Software Development Manager and work directly with our Lead Developer and be part of a high-energy, hard-working, immensely talented team. Your responsibilities will primarily involve, but not be limited to:
- Supporting our current member application as well as our back-end administrative portal
- Helping debug and troubleshoot existing code, add new features; and
- Design/architect to solve for challenging business problems and needs
- Mentor junior developers and help us grow our servers-side development team
- Monitor and optimize our application to ensure stability and performance
- 5+ years of relevant software-development experience
- PHP – Laravel/Lumen experience mandatory. Must understand and be able to use OOP, MVC architecture, exceptions, process forking, regular expressions. Must understand performance bottlenecks and how to work with complex collections and datasets.
- MySQL – Must understand and be able to use InnoDB tables, transactions, triggers, views, foreign keys, sub queries, proper use of indexes and other optimization techniques. Experience with SQL debugging and optimization using EXPLAIN mandatory
- Git – Experience with Git a major plus. Experience with the development/staging/production cycle a plus
- XML/JSON experience is a must
- MongoDB/NoSQL – Experience is a plus although not required
- Memcached experience a plus
Are you the right person?
The ideal candidate is a tenacious problem solver who thrives in a lightning-fast environment. We don’t dawdle. We push code live daily and are likely one of the most nimble, agile and ambitious companies you will come across. You must have superb communication skills, be impeccably reliable, and able to meet tight deadlines, even in the face of ever-shifting priorities.
We are a lively, vibrant, relentlessly innovative company with huge passion and energy. Is that what you’re looking for? Do you want your code to reach millions of members and improve daily health habits for families? If so, this might be the right fit for you.
Compensation, Benefits, and Perks!
Compensation is extremely competitive, and is dependent on experience and aptitude. Our benefits package includes health insurance, HSA, 401(k), PTO, and paid holidays. In January of 2022, we are migrating to Premise’s benefits, resulting in even more diverse and cost-effective benefits.
To apply, please also include a cover letter with your thoughts – why you think you’re the ideal candidate, compensation requirements, and anything else you think is relevant. Please do not send a typical boring cover letter or address it to, “Dear Hiring Manager.” We’re not looking for the “Dear Hiring Manager” types. We’re wacky, and culture means everything to us – we need people who think outside the box and aren’t afraid to dive in. Please use spellcheck – if your resume and/or cover letter are loaded with typos and grammatical mistakes, we’ll have to pass.
If your cover letter interests us, we’ll open your resume (but we’ll be paying more attention to your cover letter – so again, please WOW us)!
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. Sonic Boom Wellness participates in E-Verify.
No agencies please. Sponsorship is not available for this position.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.