What do wellness and self-driving cars have in common?
This comparison is definitely random, but hear us out. What comes to mind when you think of self-driving cars? They get you from point A to point B, you program the route ahead of time, you relax along the way, and somehow everyone gets there in one piece. Of course, a human passenger is present to override any errors or bumps along the way, but the whole idea is that this insanely smart motor vehicle takes the stress out of commutes and works off sensors, radars, machine-learning systems, and complex algorithms to make your day in traffic a whole lot better.
Now, when you think of an effective employee-wellness program, what does that look like? A program that takes the specific needs of your employees and caters a program toward that, right? What about a program with multiple “sensors” of its own that help the “driver” craft the exact direction they want to go in their health journey? Or a program that removes the boring complexities of wellness and makes them easy to navigate and engage with? Imagine that: a program that makes cruising down the freeway toward better health much more attainable, relaxing, and, dare we say — easy?
Okay, maybe embarking on a wellness commute isn’t easy, but it should be easier! If you need more convincing that Sonic Boom Wellness, a Premise Health company, is really just running one big self-driving car operation, read on.
- They both use really smart science. It obviously takes a massive crew of scientists, engineers, and brilliant machinists to put together the technology for self-driving cars. In a way, the same goes for our wellness program. We’ve leaned on the studies and science behind what truly drives engagement (not just incentives, FYI). And our comprehensive platform is built to steer that ship seamlessly for our members, based on their specific needs.
- They both rely on customization. One major perk of our program is that it’s truly customizable, right down to the contest details. How can your self-driving vehicle get you to point B if you don’t input the directions beforehand? We’ve built a program that’s responsive to what our members need, not unlike those brilliant cars that follow the exact directions of their owners.
- They both lean on sensors to see danger. How do you think automated cars keep from crashing into others on the road? They use highly advanced sensors to highlight blind spots and obstacles in their way. The same goes for our wellness program, except our sensors are things like health coaches, biometric screenings, and health trackers. Each of these components help the “driver” learn what roadblocks they’re approaching (or perhaps already stuck on). Without these safety protocols, we’d all be driving blind!
- They both aim to eliminate human error. Distracted driving is the top cause of crashes in the United States (unfortunately). Self-driving cars get rid of that risk factor, as long as the science behind their functionality doesn’t falter. But what does human error have to do with wellness? Well, imagine aimlessly trying to make yourself feel better without knowing what’s wrong in the first place. If you don’t know exactly what it is you need to work on, you won’t know how to improve your health and what will make you feel better. Our program gives members the tools to discover their own “human errors,” learn how to address them, and avoid crashes in the future.
- They both make the “commute” bearable. We all love instant gratification, but the unfortunate reality is that our wellness journeys are hardly that. It can take time—sometimes months or years—to reach our destinations. With self-driving cars, sitting in that traffic on your way to work feels better. You can sit back and let the car do the steering. The same goes for a wellness program. Rather than going at it alone and steering every which way without any direction, you can follow the bread crumbs of the program and use the available modules to help make your journey less traffic-jammed.
What would you add to this list? Share what you think by email us at email@example.com
Sonic Boom Team