Department: Sales / Marketing (Business Enhancement Team)
Reports to: CEO, President
Sonic Boom Wellness, a Premise Health Company, is a fast-growing, B2B, software-as-a-service (SAAS) corporate wellbeing company specializing in improving employees’ daily health habits. At the intersection of health care, wellness, and technology, we have developed a proprietary wellbeing platform sold to clients nationwide. Our industry has consolidated recently, leaving the door wide open for us to capture market share, expand our distribution channels, and grow rapidly.
Our Sales Executive will be – well, SELLING the BOOM! The right candidate will display courage, intellectual curiosity, and creativity. There will be occasional travel onsite, but most presentations are done by webinar, and this position is based remotely. Culture is everything to us at the Boom, so be prepared to make us say WOW!
The Sales Executive is responsible for all sales processes, from prospecting and lead generation all the way through the close. The person who fills this role will regularly implement marketing strategies to ensure Sonic Boom stays top-of-mind among key consultant/broker contacts, and ask tough questions to uncover the most valuable and relevant prospect opportunities. They are directly responsible for expanding Sonic Boom’s visibility and utilization within a designated set of consulting/brokerage firms, maintaining relationships with key offices while developing relationships with new consultants. They are also tasked with direct prospecting, qualifying leads, delivering high-energy demo presentations, and addressing all follow-up requests as a knowledgeable expert and professional representative of Sonic Boom. All of this is done with a strong sense of integrity and an effort to align prospects’ needs with Sonic Boom solutions.
- Effectively manage the full sales cycles, including prospecting, qualification, needs assessment, presenting, and closing
- Engage in telephone and email strategies to build strong relationships with brokers & consultants on a national scale
- Further develop our database of qualified leads through referrals, cold calls, networking, and extensive research
- Demonstrate product knowledge in all areas of the program, allowing for consistently effective sales presentations
- Develop a complete understanding of pricing and proposal models
- Prepare for presentations by researching prospective clients, preparing qualifying questions, and preparing for counter responses to predictable objections
- Quickly learn to consultatively sell Sonic Boom’s services and make wellness recommendations to prospects and clients including incentive structuring, program funding, program integrations, and more
- Maintain accurate record of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities, mainly through the use of CRM
- Stay current with changes in the health care benefits industry
- Assist in the transition from sales to implementation
- Meet or exceed revenue targets
- Respond to inbound sales email inquiries
- Occasional on-site visits for face-to-face presentations
Required Skills / Experience
- At least one year of Insurance/Benefit or Wellness sales industry experience and experience selling to any of our main distribution channels (brokers/consultants, direct-to-employer, health plans/healthcare, TPAs, resellers) is REQUIRED
- OUTSTANDING listening and questioning skills – our sales style is inquisitive, not pushy or overbearing
- Impeccable written and verbal communication – in addition to making calls, drafting e-mails, and developing long-term relationships, you will regularly perform live demos and present to executive-level decision makers
- Empathy – ability to build strong relationships with brokers and consultants and “walk in their shoes” to understand implicit client needs
- Comfort selling to committees/groups of buyers with various amounts of influence in the purchasing decision
- Ability to work independently when needed AND as a member of collaborative team
- ORGANIZATION – our sales cycle is extensive and requires multiple levels of proactive outreach and follow-ups. You must be capable of managing a wide range of relationships and tasks, and never let leads slip through the cracks
- CREATIVITY – think outside-the-box!
- Resourcefulness – the ability to take a project and run with minimal direction, seeking answers and solutions independently whenever possible
- Fast-moving, entrepreneurial mentality – we put the pedal to the metal!
- Attention to detail – if we didn’t emphasize it enough, organization and INCREDIBLE attention to detail is a must … especially with formal quotes and contracts
- Outgoing personality – You have to enjoy – truly enjoy – making solid connections and interacting with people in all mediums (via e-mail, phone, and face-to-face)
- Experience with CRM tools (specifically Nutshell is a plus!)
- Above-average skills in the Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, PPT, and Outlook
This is a full-time position. Some flexibility may be granted based on schedules and time zones, but in general this position is expected to operate during standard business hours; Monday through Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm Pacific Time. Our ideal candidate has a history of proven success in Insurance/Benefit or Wellness sales.
To support Sonic Boom’s commitment to the safety, health and wellbeing of our team members, and clients, we are requiring all new team members to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine*, except where a reasonable medical or religious accommodation can be granted. Should you be offered and accept a position with Sonic Boom, you will be required to provide your proof of vaccination in the form of your CDC vaccination card as part of the pre-employment onboarding process.
Compensation, Benefits, and Perks!
Competitive compensation package with base pay, uncapped commissions, and generous benefits. Our benefits package includes health insurance, HSA, 401(k), PTO, and paid holidays.
Think you’re the right candidate? Use the Indeed job posting link to apply. Please do not send a typical boring cover letter or address it to, “Dear Hiring Manager.” We’re not looking for the “Dear Hiring Manager” types. We’re wacky, and culture means everything to us – we need people who think outside the box and aren’t afraid to dive in. Please use spell check – if your resume and/or cover letter are loaded with typos and grammatical mistakes, we’ll have to pass.
P.S. Please send a resume. If your cover letter interests us, we’ll open your resume (but we’ll be paying more attention to your cover letter – so again, please WOW us)!
Unfortunately, due to the number of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every applicant. If we’re interested in your candidacy, we’ll contact you.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Commission pay
- B2B sales: 1 year (Required)
- Fully Remote
Work Location: Remote
If you’re interested in applying, please submit your resume and cover letter through the Indeed job posting.